Monday, August 13, 2012

http//:lifestyle


I want to say something of the angry and witty nature that I conjured from observing something simple that provoked a profound thought. But I am shit out of luck on topics to explore that speak to me and whatever little life experience I have. This lack of commentary, opinion and voiceless-ness I have dissected and diagnosed, stems from being constantly bombarded by other people’s dim witted commentary on whatever is trending on twitter. The constant communication reminds me of an auditorium filled with people clamouring for airtime by talking over each other- as they lay in wait for someone to take the stage rendering them silent. The noise always starts ,at first, with a few whispers and it gradually grows into this anarchy of opinions etching to be heard, read, retweeted and commented on and liked. Urg… so sick of my generation and the things we have to confirm to in order to pledge some allegiance to this new fad- this globalization of networks and the pseudo-anxious  need to always stay in constant communication. The links oh the links are the worst… call me paranoid but it is like the http// always whispers in a patronizing manner; “don’t get left behind, Hun”

 I will be the first to point out my hypocrisy because I am an avid participant in the social networking of it all- for piets sake I threw a five year old tantrum because my younger sister got a smart phone while I was stuck in Y2K with a R100 PEP cell phone that I bought from the tip money earned from a waitress gig.I added the unnecessary waistressing context for effect-it is completely useless information and does nothing to enrich my point.

In retrospect the smart phone evolution comes at a price. Human communication has found a way to get rid of the body language experience and replace it with yellow round faces. Which I personally don’t mind because you have some anonymity and you can openly hate the person you are talking to and they wouldn’t have a clue…unless of cause you package your hate subliminally.

Let’s cut the yammering and get to the point of this post which is my mind is all blogged out and overwhelmed with all this info, most of which is completely trivial and just an act of self-indulgence which I fully blame on the democratization that came as a result of the world wide web. Without which this blog wouldn’t exist. So it is safe to say that this blog is also my shout, my attempt at having an opinion in an overwhelming sea of loud voices. For me personally, it’s not so much about being being heard, but more about that act of courage and showing enough faith in my voice to belch out a high note, even though the fear of not hitting the right note lingers in every orifice of my body.

I will http// this baby and hope I hit the right note!


No comments:

Post a Comment