Friday, October 14, 2011

Fashion purge...proudly brought to you by Balenciaga





 50's fashion done creeped up on and grown on me like an over night fever blister. The overly feminine silhouettes have charmed they way into my aesthetic. Alvidazen to the tomboy... the well endowed and not so well endowed in the hip and bust area can both indulge in the 50's cup cake and desperate housewife glam of it all. 

I'm currently on a mission to have a dress made in the 50's cinched waist and flair skirt silhouette in a traditional African print...a tasteful print though ( definitely not one that is endorsed by Africa magic- I am a proud Afro but I do draw the line when it come to the Ogla of it all). Ironically a lady from Nigeria will be my seamstress on this mission...pure coincidence really.

this is a style I'm taking on.."no holds bared" you wont find it on the freakum dress video vixen clothing rack. It will ward off the male lingering eyes (could put my chances of  luring a male suitor to bed along with my boy friend blazers)

No comments:

Post a Comment